Most of us know the benefits of staying home with our children and can agree that no one can raise your own child better than you; However we often struggle to see that there are also several advantages for children with working mothers. Of course there are always pros and cons to every decision, but for today’s post I’m going to focus on the pros of being a working mom and how our decision to go back to work (willingly or not) is actually GOOD FOR OUR KIDS!
So what are we teaching our sons and daughters by deciding to go back to work?
Below are 10 things you’re teaching and modeling for your children by becoming a working mom!
- Gender Equality-Both in terms of professional opportunities and household responsibilities
- Money Doesn’t Grow on Trees, but Rather it is Earned
- Life Skills- For instance, helping out with household chores such as laundry or dinner
- Hard work Ethic/Working Towards a Goal
- Encouraging Further Education
- Time Management Techniques
- Organization Techniques
- Teamwork- How you delegate responsibilities with your spouse, coworkers, carpools, etc.
- Caring for Siblings
- Quality Time
See…we are doing something right! Props to you for teaching your kids important social and life skills!
Here are a couple of articles you may enjoy reading in your spare time (what’s that?) if you are in need of some more encouragement!