As mothers it is our natural instinct to want to provide our children/family with healthy meals, but sometimes it is easier said than done. During the week I strive to cook 5 nutritious dinners, eat leftovers one night, and leave one night for eating out or popping in a frozen dinner. One thing I’ve done over this maternity leave is compile some of my favorite kid/husband-friendly meals to create a 6 week dinner rotation that is nutritious and doable on a work-night.
A few things about these meals….For those of you who are breastfeeding and have noticed that your baby seems to be effected by dairy, most of these meals are dairy-free! Also, most of the ingredients for these meals can be found at Aldi. Yay for saving money! In addition, I usually will pair each meal with an easy side dish such as frozen vegetables, salad, garlic bread, baked beans, baked potatoes, etc.
I thought I’d share the links to some of these easy work-night dinners. However, some of the recipes in my 6 week dinner rotation are simple, for example grilled chicken, so are not listed here, but this list will definitely guide you in the right direction towards creating your own work-night dinner rotation!
Creating a dinner rotation has saved me some much time each week when it comes to planning out dinners and making grocery lists! Feel free to check out each link below if you are in search of some new, healthy, affordable, and doable work-night dinners for your family!
Enjoy 25 delicious new meals and feel free to share which one is your favorite!
- Hamburger Macaroni-http://www.ourfamilyeats.com/2015/03/hamburger-macaroni/
- Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon-http://natashaskitchen.com/2012/06/08/baked-salmon-with-garlic-and-dijon/
- Chicken Caprese-http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chicken-caprese/#_a5y_p=1659520
- Dorito Taco Salad-http://www.emilybites.com/2014/06/doritos-taco-salad.html
- Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches-http://crockingirls.com/recipes/bbq-chicken/
- Buffalo Shrimp Salad-http://addapinch.com/cooking/buffalo-shrimp-salad-recipe/
- Crockpot Chicken Parmesan-http://www.mostlyhomemademom.com/2013/07/crockpot-chicken-parmesan.html#_a5y_p=1860931
- Beef Taco Quinoa Salad Bowls-http://insidebrucrewlife.com/2014/02/beef-taco-quinoa-salad-bowls/
- Baked Pineapple BBQ Salmon-http://www.myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/baked-pineapple-barbecue-salmon
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs over Brown Rice-http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/02/slow-cooker-sweet-and-sour-meatballs.html
- Spicy Tomato and Shrimp over Fettuccini-http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/07/spicy-shrimp-tomato-pasta/
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken, Greens Beans, Carrots, and Potatoes-http://damndelicious.net/2015/06/05/slow-cooker-honey-garlic-chicken-and-veggies/
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake-https://lentzedlife.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/freezer-for-matt-buffalo-chicken-pasta-bake/
- Sweet Chili Pulled Pork Sandwiches-http://www.aspicyperspective.com/pulled-pork-tenderloin/
- Panko Crusted Baked Salmon-http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/panko_crusted_salmon/
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers over White Rice-http://tiaskitchen.com/slow-cooker-sausage-and-peppers-slow-cooker-recipe/
- Terriyaki Chicken with Broccoli and Carrots over Brown Rice-http://www.eatgood4life.com/teriyaki-chicken-with-vegetables/
- Three Cheese Ranch Chicken-http://blog.thelovenerds.com/2014/06/three-cheese-ranch-chicken.html
- Crockpot Meatball Subs-http://flouronmyface.com/easy-crock-pot-recipe-meatball-sub-sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sandwiches-http://www.laaloosh.com/2013/05/14/crock-pot-chicken-philly-cheese-steak-recipe/
- Mustard Balsamic Pork Chops with Rosemary-http://www.jocooks.com/main-courses/pork-main-courses/mustard-balsamic-pork-chops-with-rosemary/
- Crispy Salmon-http://www.justonecookbook.com/crispy-salmon
- Easy Cheeseburger Sliders in the Oven-http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/05/29/easy-cheeseburger-sliders/
- Baked Spaghetti Pie-http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/08/baked-spaghetti.html
- Crockpot Sweet and Sour Sausage over White Rice- http://unafamiliaalaskena.blogspot.com/2014/02/sweet-n-sour-sausage-freezer-crockpot.html?m=1